Railroads of the Santa Maria Valley
Three California Railroads
Three Different Gauges
Olive Press Publications
Hardcover, 184 pages
Many B&W photos
Pricing includes all costs, including shipping to the continental United States.
$53, includes a $5 donation to the Museum for a copy signed by the author.
Make your check payable to "SMVRHM" and mail to SMVRHM, PO Box 264, Santa Maria, CA
93456. Please allow 14 days for delivery.
Questions may be directed to the Store Manager.
See pictures and story from the book signing event of September 9, 2001.
Chapter One: Our Valley's First Railroads
Chapter Two: The Santa Maria Valley Railroad
- A Reason for Being, the Pacific Coast Railway
- The Southern Pacific Railroad
- Oil in Santa Maria
- Santa Maria's Electric Trains
- Completion of the Valley Lines
Chapter Three: Santa Maria's Other Narrow Gauge
- A Standard Gauge Railroad for Santa Maria
- Reorganization and Development
- The War Years
- Postwar Expansion and Dieselization
- Track Ugrading
- The Declining Years
- Looking Ahead
Chapter Four: Historical Events, Accidents, and Incidents
- Betteravia's Feedlot Railroad
Chapter Five: Milepost Guides
- The Events
- Accidents and Incidents
Chapter Six: Equipment of the Valley Railroads
- The Pacific Coast Railway
- The Santa Maria Valley Railroad
- Permits and Petitions, SMVRR
- Notes on SMVRR Rolling Stock
- Train Orders, Clearances, and Switch Lists
- Captain Hancock